View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Why it\'s good to have a tight table image - difficult decision inside.

Live 1/2, my first live game in awhile. 6-handed and I have ~$90 behind, villain has me covered. 2 limpers to me (1 EP, Villain in MP), SB calls, I check in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked around.

Turn is a rag. SB checks, I check. 1st limper frowns at the table, grabs $6 worth of chips, and carefully places it in the center. On this particular occassion he has nothing. 2nd limper, who I know very well and have played a lot with, looks at first limper, looks at board, looks back at first limper, and very deliberately announces "Raise." Now I'm sitting there with a 9-high 1-card flush draw in the BB. But I don't think either of them have anything. Would my friend have checked a flopped flush last on the flop? I don't think so. At best he has the lone king. He raises to $20. SB folds.

Then, in a moment of clarity, I get the amazing idea to outbluff both of them. I shuffle chips for a few seconds, compose myself as best as possible, and raise to $50. First guy goes "PHEW!" and folds. Now it's on my friend, the second limper. He frowns and frowns and looks at his cards and back at the board and asks me some questions. I'm so confident in my read that I playfully joke around with him. After 2 minutes of sweating, he says "I just don't think I beat anything here. I fold" and flips AA up! I thank the lucky stars for my brilliant read.

Now, I know the 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is on top. Do I flip it over and grin? Or do I show both?