View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Would you fold this hand on the bubble?

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tempting fold... but do not get too greedy, call this, the short stack has too many chips to give this pot away and expect the other stacks to fold everything except aces and kings, which is I assume why you would fold here.

Also many 20s players dont understand bubble play, In this situation as the big chip leader some guy will fold his stack of like 100 Ill push 5000 with 72o or some crap and get called by AJ or something, Im always shocked what people will call with in this situation at the 20s

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little confused by the replies here. Are you saying that as the big stack, you don't want to call an ultra small stack push when you have a medium hand? Are the "sweet spot" comments downstream here talking about how many chips the small stack would have to have before you call his pushes with a less than premium hand?

I geuss I just don't understand the correct play with a big stack against a small/tiny stack on the bubble. Since the small stack is pushing almost any two with only 2-3xBB left, if you're the BB or are already heads up like in this hand, aren't you getting great odds with any medium hand pf or a TPWK hand like this one here post-flop? Or is the risk too great that you'll get sucked out on or the small stack luckily has a premium hand and thus your call lets the small stack back in the game?