View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Party\'s Marketing Tema - Can they Keep the fish ?

Laugh it up, while you are doing so last month was a very tough month to many many professinal poker plays on-line. There are a couple threads about it, if you have read enough here I am sure you have run into them.

Fact is the games aren't as juicy as they were, everyone is admitting it and noone will argue that. Yet you think this is funny? If it is so funny, please answer my questions in a serious format rather than "Party says the US Market is untapped" as if this one person from Party knows everything.

If this is the case, why aren't they tapping it out gradually so we see a constant level of new fish and don't see the games getting tougher at party as they have been.

I played at Stars the other day for the first time in a long while and they now half about 1/2 the base party does with a site that to be honest in every way feels more like a real card room. I think we may see stars level off with party with very little marketing - if they have ANOTHER WSOP Champ this year, and they market it with as much as party spends I think the end of next year the two sites will be level. Most likely taking away more fish and making stars a little fishier.

There are so many variable here it is a much mroe complex subject than "Someone said the U.S. market isn't tapped" which by the way, I think the US Market is 80% 'tapped' at best, and NO MARKET will EVER be ENTIRELY tapped, period.

Do you have any idea how many Poker realted things were out there for X-Mas this year? Jesus christ at the GAS STATIONS they were selling poker sets - that in my opinion is definately a sign things are getting pretty much TAPPED lol.

P.S. Even a market that is 50% tapped out doesn't necessarily mean that things will become easier once that saturation level is higher and they work at gaining a higher percent of the market - in fact I believe the exact opposite. Alot of the people they will be fighting to get to play on-line are people that play home games and B & M - and alot of them may be good, and could bring a 50% increase in pros multi tabling 8 tables next year. That means they need to get 8 X as many total fish to even out the pros as most fish don't multi table nore would they ever think of it.