Thread: Sign Me Up....
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Sign Me Up....

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you mean about getting to keep 2% of your money. If you are talking about the amount that you would be able to put into your privatization account, you should read the fine print. At retirement you only get to keep the amount that you earned on your investments that exceeds the 3% return that Social security currently earns. And even then you may be forced to either buy an annuity with the remaining balance, or be limited to the amount of money withdrawn every year.

Ownership society my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many misleading statements in your post. I see why Liberals do so poorly in elections. Even a highschool dropout will be able to see the gaping holes in your rebuttal.

I'll only bother to adress two of your glaring errors.

1. The legislation is not yet written, do you hear me? The legislation is not yet written.

2. Why in the world would it be a bad deal and only be able to keep the 7% (a number which I dispute since SS funds have never accumulated at a rate of 3%) when my alternative is to get next to nothing by keeping the status quo?

Just because you are a wild eyed red faced Liberal shouldn't you wait till you see the result of the bills that come out of committee before bashing another great idea just because President Bush thought of it first?