View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Quads on the button after a bad cold call

1. preflop. if you're going to put the raiser on garbage (and the cold-caller on garbage), consider 3-betting to fold the blinds. ultimately AJo is a little weak to do this, so i think the ccpf is loose, but perhaps ok. if you were the first cold caller, i would definitely 3-bet.

2. flop. again, depending on reads, i think this is a good position for a slowplay. you have the best possible position, and are ahead of every hand except AK, AQ, and 55. i take my chances here and call, if somebody in EP is going to do the betting for me.

3. the call here is fine. the plan for slowplaying the flop was to raise the turn, but they did a stop & go on you, and then strangely, the turn betting got picked up by somebody new. since the EP bettor has gone into radio silence, you now dont trap any intermediate bets, but instead you have 2 players to act after you. a raise from you will freeze the action up. so i call & hope some of the 4th street checkers will call also.

that said, this is a clear re-raise after UTG+1 raises. somebody will call you.

4. on the river, everyone will check to you and you should bet. you will likely get 1 caller holding something like KK. if you are not called, DO NOT click show cards. enjoy your quads and shut your pie hole.