View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: 30-60 hand - mike l thinks I blew one street

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> It's because fit or fold just doesn't work once the pot gets large. </font>

I agree you just can't assume you are beat when an over card hits on the flop but with that much action if i made the "call" PF I would really probably be shooting for the flop to hit me in some pretty decent way otherwise I know three loose and/or aggressive people in the pot with me would make it hard to play the hand HU.

<font color="red">Here's one for you -

Crazy raising guy raises UTG and you've seen him do this with JTo. You 3-bet with AdQh. LAG 4-bets on the button. Unknown kid who you've only seen play 3 hands in 2 hours coldcalls 3 (!) in the BB. Lag calls.

Flop is 3h4h8d, checked to button who bets, kid comes to life and checkraises, UTG folds. What do you do? </font>

Well if I was the loose guy UG and I had JTo again I would probably be hoping for a 9 on the turn and if I was the LAG who had a tendency to slow play big hands PF anyway, and I had 75 of hearts I would probably be pretty excited about that flop. Me on the other hand would probably think you didn't have AA or KK since you didn't cap it PF witch would mean mid to low pair or flush draw. so if I had two big cards with maybe a backdoor flush draw I would might be thinking three bets myself. Maybe I can get HU with position and a chance a free card maybe on the turn if I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this. So you won't take a silver platter opportunity to shut out the field with a reasonably likely best hand for 2 bets, but you're more than happy to make it 3 bets with almost certainly *not* the best hand that could have tainted reverse dominated Ace outs, a non-nut runner one card flush draw, and with a lag still behind you and the action far from closed?

huh?