View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: In defense of weak-tight in NL cash games

First, let me say I do not necessarily agree with the strategy of the original poster. Second, I am not in a position to refute the statistics you give so I will assume them to be accurate.

However, this much I do know for my own self anyway. I can employ and sometimes do employ a strategy like the one described at the .10/.25 and .25/.50 NL games and win. I dont know about win rates or any of that cause I do this for enjoyment only each night after the family goes to bed. I average $50-100 profit per night doing something that is fun. The simpletons I find at these tables make it almost too easy. The point I am trying to make is that there are alternate strategies that will work at the small limits and depending on what your goals are "winrate" wise, they will work. I dont need the money so passing time and having fun while watching TV while winning a mortgage payment a month is just gravy. It doesnt matter to me what my winrate is. I only know that at the end of a couple TV shows I have $100 more then I started with. This is after over 100K hands.

I understand why the strategy he suggests is not textbook and will not work at the higher limits but depending on your goals the tables exist at the lower limits where it will work and if it defies the textbook strategies or the data than so be it.