View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: 30-60 hand - mike l thinks I blew one street

[ QUOTE ]
You have 13 bets strange preflop assuming no cap behind you. Conventional wisdom is that you need to believe that you can make another 17 bets postflop to make the preflop call with 66 worthwhile.

I think it's a bad call preflop but I make it all the time 'cause I absolute couldn't stand folding if a 6 happens to hit the flop...heh..the money I will lose on subsequent hands while steaming dwarfs the error made by calling with 66 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love small sets *almost* as much as you but I wouldn't want to call three (or four) bets cold with only three opponents. Give me two more opponents and I'd like it but not by a lot. For Clarkmeister or anybody to make this call BTF you have to have very accurate reads on your opponents AND play superbly postflop AND have things break your way (when you don't flop a set). I know I'm not a good enough reader or post flop player so I fold.

That said, the discussion in this thread is fascinating. I miss having the time to participate as much as I used to but hey, 2+2 is a big city now and sometimes it's easy to get lost and overwhelmed [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] In any event, I've taken up some of the activities we recently discussed and that takes time too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick