View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Battle of the Blinds - Please give me help with this hand.

I would probably raise preflop, but sometimes call to vary my play. It's important not to be easily readable in blind vs blind play. For example, some people will raise with any A or pair EVERY time, so when they don't raise and you have a hand like Kx you are sure you have the favorite. Ok, but I digress, my main point is that a two-big hand like QJ is certainly good enough to raise, but calling is fine too.

I think your bet on the flop is just fine. When he just calls you, he is likely on a draw. He could be slowplaying a monster, but that's not something you worry about here. Any good made hand will often raise with this type of flop which has many drawing possibilities.

I think on the turn, the 2K bet is fine; however, mainly because of how textured this flop is, I might overbet the pot to protect the hand if it's good, and if it's not, at least I'll know. The way the hand was played, I think the pot odds dictate a call on the river, unless you are really confident that you have a read that you are beat.

Congrats on getting heads up with the guy and beating him.