View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Some old Stud8 Tourney hands

[ QUOTE ]
On these hands, you say "blinds" when you mean "limits," yes? Silly hold'em players. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

First hand: if you're going to check fifth street, why cap fourth? Either you have the best hand or you don't. I'd be inclined to lead on fifth. Now if your opponent is a good player, about the only thing he can really have is rolled-up Fours, but with one out, how likely is that, and how likely is it that you're up against a good player anyway? Just bet.

Hand 2: don't know what the action was, whether the King called in front of you or what. Your Queens are a good hand to have in an all-in situation, unless the other guy has a bigger pair or perhaps rolled-up trips.

Hand 3: I would raise third street, no question. Just calling fourth is probably prudent. Bet fifth. When he raises, I probably slow down then. I don't think he's just playing his "strong board." I'd be a little worried about a set. Glad it worked out for you, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply Andy,

The blinds thing is just a result of me reading SSHE 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks, I usually play only stud8.

1: Leading on 5th definitely seems better, I need to know if he has trips(looking through the history, he seems pretty maniacal).

2: The K hadn't acted yet.

3: I really played big pairs weak at this time(probably still do). Think I could've 3-bet 5th after seeing villain show down a bunch of strange hands?