View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Emergency appendectomy = not fun

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So how do you know when you need your appendix out anyway? Do you just get a localized pain that feels like a stomach cramp or something, wait a day then go to the dr's office? They throw an ultrasound on you and yell "Oh [censored], get to the hospital right now buddy, or you're gonna die!!!!!" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brassnuts gave a pretty good analogy with the baseball bat thing. For me, it started as basically what felt like a stomach cramp throughout my abdominal region. I tried to shake it off as maybe mild food poisoning, but as the day went on, the pain got worse and spread up to underneath my breastbone. It's hard to describe, it wasn't a pain like heartburn, but I felt like my stomach was burning basically.

When I finally got to the doctor and he started feeling around my abdomen, there were a couple of times that he pushed down on my appendix and I practically jumped off the examination table. They sent me to the hospital after that, and next thing I knew I was in surgery.

I don't know how to better explain it, except to say that I knew something was wrong, this wasn't pain from a stomach flu, heartburn, food poisoning, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its wierd. My lung collapsed last year and I was like UHOH I dont know WTF that was but it was bad....