View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Some Dell 2001fp questions for you people blessed with one...

[ QUOTE ]
just be aware that when you have the dell juxtaposed against another monitor, it makes you splurge and buy another dell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I added the Dell to a 19" NEC CRT and within a week got another LCD. I couldn't take the CRT anymore. The CRT was flickering though. I hadn't noticed the flicker before. The CRT is about 6 years old, maybe it just a coincidence that it started going at the same time, or maybe I hadn't noticed it before it was next to the LCD. Anyway, I needed to clear up desk space also.

I didn't get a second Dell however, as the resolution makes text seem too small for my taste and aging eyes. So I got a 19" Samsung P973 w/ 1024x768. I find using different monitors is is not ideal in that the screen heights, brightness and colors don't match, which is a little disturbing, but I like the 19" more for general purpose use due to the bigger text.

I'm a begginer player and usually don't play more than 2 tables though. For max comfort and performance multitabling, 2 matching Dells would probably be better. I don't know of any other LCD that has the height adjusting range of the Dell either.

My card is DVI/Analog and I noticed an improvement with whichever one was on the DVI. I found some dual DVI cards for under $200 which takes some searching as most cost a lot more. I didn't buy one yet anyway. I'm thinking when PCI Express catches on more, AGP cards prices will probably dive.

I scored the Dell when they had 25% off last month and piggybacked a $50. coupon so I got it for $550 + tax.

-TomBk