View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Quitting my job for poker was a great idea

[ QUOTE ]
No College != Bad math skills

Come one... I'm sure we all know someone who for whatever reason did not go to college, or went to a "lower tier" college and are probably some of the brightest people we know.

Well... I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm one of those people. Good math brain, decent at writing and misc. english skills. Went from AP math as a freshman to C's and D's in honors math by a senior though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'm just lazy and don't like schoolin', so I decided not to go to college. I can calculate pot odds with the best of em though!

Glad to hear this story. My current job is going to end this summer and I'm considering trying to play poker "for a living" 5 or so hours a day this summer. I'll have unemployment as a safety net however, I just want to see if I can still win against the day crowd and if I can handle playing 4 tables for 5+ hours a day, day in and day out. If I can't I've got a few bucks in the bank and plenty of cars in the driveway to wrench on til I decide what I want to do next.

But man...working on my cars in the daytime, play a little 5/10 at night, sleep in...that sounds like the life for me. Til it gets cold out. Then I hibernate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

THANKS FOR YOUR INSPIRATIONAL POST GOOD SIR. I AM PLEASED TO MAKE YOUR AQUAINTANCE. Toodles.