View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:08 PM

Default 2 Delerious foxwoods hands

2 Hands at the 1/2 No limit tables at foxwoods, comments appreciated.

Hand #1 - 5 handed:

I'm first to act with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I call. Other 3 players call, small blind min raises to $7. Everyone else calls, myself included. I realize this hand was probably not worth another $5.

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

SB checks, BB bets 30, I reraise to 80. Folds to SB who pushes the remainder of his chips in (approx $80 more for me to call). I think long & hard, realize there are several possible hands that can beat me (4,4 Q,J, etc.), but given the poor players at the 1/2 foxwoods tables, I ultimately decide to call. I figure this fellow could be pushing with anything from top pair to a straight draw. Comments?

Hand #2:

Again, 1/2 NL, 5 handed. Details hazy (was exhaused at this point).

on Button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Everyone calls, I call, BB min-raises to $7. A few others call, including myself & the SB (villian). Pot is probably around $30.

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], giving me a weak flush draw & an OE straight draw.

Villian bets $25, all fold to me, I re-raise to $65. He calls.

Next card is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], bingo! straight! I bet $100. If he's on the flush draw, I'm gonna make him pay for that final club. he calls!

Finally, a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] pops up on the river, making my straight look sheepish & my flush look worse. I have about $125 left, so I push. Not sure what my line of thinking was here. Maybe "I'm tired and if he has a higher flush, I go to sleep now."

Results to follow. Sorry for the format & hazyness, was operating on very little sleep.

Iash