Thread: The quest
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:29 AM

Default The quest

A week ago, I was tired of all the bullshi* and I quit poker. This Saturday, my mother goes off to the accountant to do the family's taxes. She asked me a few days ago, did you make anything? Since I live at home and am 18 with no job, the only thing she thinks I have is my stock account in which I lost money. I said "no, I think I lost money."

I lied to her. I've made at least an estimated 20k this past year playing online poker. I never let my parents know, why you ask? Well, I'll admit it. I am 18 now, but have been only for a while. Half or more of my winnings came when I was playing "underaged." I thought I would tell my mom when I was 18, but that didn't happen. I want to tell her but I fear the $6872.74 (low because of some recent big purchases) that is currently sitting in my bank account won't be enough to subvert her possible anger when she finds out I was playing illegally.

So f it right? Don't say a word and keep on going. Well I feel like I should pay my taxes, because I want to keep the government off my ass. The only way that is going to happen is if I let my mom know by Saturday. See, it's a dilemma.

The plan: take up poker again, make money, tell parents, wow parents, pay taxes. The quest starts tomorrow.