View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 PM

Default I need advice on my downswing

I need some advice from you guys. My bankroll has taken a pretty big hit and I'm not sure what to do....

Background: One of my problems is that I think my bankroll will always get bigger and sometimes I dip into my bankroll to pay for rent, decline school loans, etc. Recently I took out $680 out of my bank for a $130 traffic ticket and a Dell 2001fp monitor (I've wanted to 4-table for sooo long). My bankroll was around $1700 after that.

Now it's at $411.93, meaning I've lost over $1200 in the past 3-4 days (got pimpslapped by variance). I have enough money for this semester's rent but I'm in a jam.

Choices:
1. Just get past this semester, live frugally, no more fast food (super sad), no DELL 2001FP MONITOR, no poker for a while (super duper sad)
2. Get monitor, grind it back on the tables and make a slow comeback

See, now I don't even know why I'm asking this anymore. Of course you guys are gonna answer, "Make the comeback" but I dunno anymore. I'm having doubts because of my massive downswing. I'm going to take a break from poker for a while cuz it's just kicking my ass, but the in the meantime please leave some input

P.S. If I'm feeling this horrible, it must've been even worse for David Ross and SirFWALGman