View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: How many arabs killed by Americans?

[ QUOTE ]
[Is it also evil to torture and videotape prisoners for your own amusment? Or to kill people to get oil and profits?

1) I need to know whether you meant to say interrogating or you are just parroting what the loony left say. I certainly haven't seen any videotapes of us torturing prisoners, but I have seen video of terrorists cutting off heads.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a link to one reported example http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3708157.stm There seems to many reports of abuses committed by american soldiers to be doubted.Is the american press not covering these stories?

[ QUOTE ]
2) What you believe is the reason for this war is your opinion. And your opinion is wrong by the way

[/ QUOTE ]

The only clear object in iraq is the worlds second largest oil reserve. I don't believe you can not tell me with any honesty that this is not why america went to war. I believe that the US administration DID NOT go to war with the aim of helping iraqi people very high on its list.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Marginally in favor sounds like being agnostic. You're sitting on the fence just waiting for one side to do well. From the rest of your post, you don't sound like you were ever in favor of this war

[/ QUOTE ]

When i said I was marginally in favour i meant that i didn't know but was leaning towards it being a good thing, so yeah kind of agnostic but you make it sound like a football match. I like everyone had an interest in it working out.

As for your points on the terribleness of sadam's iraq I will concede some amount as it is not yet certain wether iraq will become a better place. What i would ask you to concede is any benifical humanitarian results are the exuse for the invasion not the reason. I don't believe that Bush was worried about WMDs as even if people believed he had them (this is suspect) he showed no desire to use them.
This is beginning to sound cliched but.. The driving motivation is oil- any other reasons just gave a acceptable climate for invasion.