Thread: AKs flops AKs
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 11:58 AM

Default AKs flops AKs

This happened twice in about 10 hands. Not comfortable with my play in either.

Reads: Only about a dozen hands at this table, Some halfway decent players at the table but they all fold. Remaining players look to be pretty fishy:
UTG+1: LPP (30/0)
UTG+2: LPP (37/0)
MP2: LPP (45/0)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Based on the last couple of hands I've played with these guys where they both called down to the end with bottom pair weak kicker...I assume they're in to stay so I go for value bets. But my last AKs (which flopped AKs, hit a 3rd flush on the turn and a 4th on the river to give the guy holding an unpaired 3 a flush) has me a little spooked!

But Obviously, I'm incredibly vulnerable to spade draws and someone with 2 non AK broadways. I thought about trying to protect my hand on the flop with a check raise but figured that probably wouldn't work. I also thought about checking/calling the flop then check-raising the turn if no one showed strength.

Instead, I bet out.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Comments/Critiques?