View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Top Pair + 1 Card Nut Flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see why there is a lack of thinking here? I think thats how I would of played it.

However, a turn 3-bet was probably in order, given MP's possible holdings and your draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, he ended up having Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the flopped flush. I think I played it well, the table coaches chewed on me so I came here for some validation. Thanks again to both responders.

As for 3-betting the turn, he was solid enough of a post flop player that he was either on a pure bluff raise (unlikely IMHO) or he had TPTK beat and I was drawing so a re-raise accomplished nothing since it was heads up. I led the river because I felt it was more likely to be checked through more than 50% of the time with the 4 flush and straight possiblities on board and of those 50% that would bet if I checked, a decent portion of those would raise me so checking was a lose/lose situation when I knew his turn action made me believe he had a hand he wanted to showdown.

Thanks

Vern