View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: General question: AK in the BB vs a lot of limpers?

OK, this is my first reply but im am not new 2 poker i am very knowledgable and have much experiance. Heres my 2 cents on the play. I see a raise here as a bad play for two main reasons.
1. your position (obvios)
2. the hands u want to fold wont they will call or reraise ( big poket pairs AA KK )and the hands u wanna to play against with AK will fold (AQ,AJ,ATs KQ and so on). I dont mean to sound arrogant but Ciaffone is wrong while a raise with AA is correct a raise with AJ is a large mistake for the following reason. In No- LImit you dont make raises with hands that hate reraises like (AJ,99).You can make raises with hands that dont mind reraises for the obvious reasons that that they are so good they welcome it like (AA,KK). Or with hands that are so bad they dont mind being reraised since they can fold (J4,93). This concept is explained very well in Tournement Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky. AK does not fall into either category therefore i beleiev u should check and when u flop comes down 3 7 A you will win the maximum from players holding the likes of AJ.