View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Party\'s Marketing Tema - Can they Keep the fish ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Than you have another 2-3 years befor ethings level out and pan down. Anyone calling me an idiot, ask someone with a degree in economics what their thoughts are and FULLY explain the ndustry to them. If you can't many others here can... Going back to when there were onl 2 or 3 poker sites on the web.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have a degree in economics and, while I agree that we are PROBABLY in for tighter games and a slight levelling off of profits, I don't believe that it's a foregone conclusion. High speed internet access is still growing and more people are playing games online every day. All it might take is to get a PartyPoker-backed XBox or PS2 internet-enabled game to keep the ball rolling.

Regulatory issues and bots probably concern me more than the economics of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree as posted below Frank

"I am not that dramatic, but SERIOUS pro players expect a drop in income next year ( I would say 1/2 - 3/4 way through this year) unless the WSOP has a prize pool AT LEAST double what it did and a SERIOUS name brand like "Harrah's" for example backed party and promoted them."

But there are legality issues here as well. Now if there is a law passed making playing poker on-line legal that would open the floodgates EVEN if people will do it now legal or not due to the fact many more strategic alliances can be made if nothing else.

Short of that though type of occurence, what are your thoughts ? What other sectors can they legally expand their marketing efforts towards? The field is narrowing.