View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Party\'s Marketing Tema - Can they Keep the fish ?

[ QUOTE ]
That doesn't mean the average "fish" won't get smarter though, so even if the number of players remained constant, eventually the games will get tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the whole point of the thread - Not so much that the business will die out more of a suggestion the game are going to get steadily more difficult and that the game has in fact already reached it's peak point as far as quality of games goes. I think there has been a SLIGHT decrease in the fishiness of the game simply because more and more people take it seriously for part time income AND those people are multi-tabling.

If Party (and their competition) do not find a way to tap new sectors (which it has to be getting MUCH more difficult annually) how do they keep the long term losing players there to keep the shark from entirely attacking eachother? Or do they just let sharks attack eachother and quit worrying about providing them with food?

First things first, like it or not people ... They are going to have to take a hit on their profit margins. Which will pry lead to what? Yep, more rake... And we will all bitch when someone comes on here and says "Holy [censored] Party just gave me $75 for NOTHING"

The fact is this will be just one of the many ways to get them to come back and deposit as a losing player, why would they care of the winning players coming back.

So again, let me restate the question :

"Do you feel Party Poker's marketing team has what it take to keep the games fairly juicy for the years to come, how long do you think they can handle it? When it gets to the point they haver to start comping out the ass to keep the horrible players there, will they do it out of their own overhead and run at a reduced profit margin or will they increase the rake and pass the cost on to us?"

If anyone cares to elaborate on that question, feel free....