View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: My leaks, your leaks, his leaks, her leaks ...

[ QUOTE ]
So I just did a review of my game and I found some leaks that I am plugging now. I thought I would post them, and encourage everyone to do the same. Post a leak that you've found in your game or another's game (or many, preferrably). Sometimes we don't realize some of the most basic mistakes we're making until someone points them out.

My four big leaks from this review:

1. Cold calling an EP raise with suited connector middle cards in late position without 3+ callers in front of me. With 3+ I should probably even considering reraising though ... Um...how do I put this? How 'bout, "No." With 3+ commited to the pot, you *may* *consider* playing QJs-T9s, but not "middle cards," and you're definitely not *raising* them.

2. Failing to raise a middle pocket pair on a ragged flop when I am heads up or against 2 people and the flop only contains one overcard. Too many people come out firing on such a flop with a lesser pair. Wow, that's a mouthful...

3. Failing to raise big suited cards (like KJ, K10, Q10) when in middle position in loose games. Again, this is dependent on the actual situation and game. I wouldn't make it a rule to raise QTs and KTs from middle position.

4. Not folding enough to a surprise turn raise, particularly when that raise is called in front of me. Stubbornly holding onto top pair/no draws when an unimaginative player is telling me I am beaten. Yes, that *would* be a leak

I'll post more as I find them. I hope you do too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a suggestion for a leak:

5. "Trying to come up with 'General Rules' on how to act in all seemingly similar circustances, even though each case is matter for discussion on its own."

Just my thoughts...

Adam