View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Slaying Dragons or Tilting Windmills?

Table was actually very good, one LAG to my left and a bunch of loose passives to my right.
<ul type="square">[*]UTG is loose passive[*]MP is loose and somewhat aggressive pre-flop but slows down quickly flop/turn/river[*]CO is loose passive[*]SB is a minor LAG, he will raise/reraise pre-flop with about 50% of the deck and will bet/raise the flop with as little as a single overcard on a coordinated flop and cap the flop/turn with top pair or middle pair with a decent kicker. May be going on tilt after losing the previous hand to BB (pushed AQs with a flush and straight draw from the flop and got beaten by BB who had capped with Q2s UTG)[*]BB appears to be a LAG but I only have three hands with him. I have seen him on three hands, first he posts in CO, bets his flush draw on the flop, called a raise, called the turn then called a river bet with jack high. Folded in MP when the minor LAG raised UTG, then he raised UTG himself and capped with Q2s, raised the flop heads up with a king on the board and none of his suit, then raised/bet turn &amp; river after hitting a 2 on the turn.[/list]Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB <font color="#A500AF">(Minor LAG)</font> 3-bets</font>, BB <font color="#A500AF">(LAG?)</font> calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB <font color="#A500AF">(Minor LAG)</font> calls, BB <font color="#A500AF">(LAG?)</font> calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Minor LAG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LAG? raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Minor LAG calls, <font color="#CC3333">LAG? caps</font>, Hero calls, Minor LAG calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Minor LAG checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAG? bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Minor LAG calls, <font color="#CC3333">LAG? 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Minor LAG calls, LAG? calls.

River: (27 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Minor LAG checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAG? bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Minor LAG folds, <font color="#CC3333">LAG? 3-bets</font>, Hero?

It is heads up, is this a value raise or have I pushed to hard already. As always any criticism of any part of the hand is more than welcome.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert at any of this.