View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: KJs on button - well played or did I outhink myself?

[ QUOTE ]
call down and mark MP as an impatient fishy after he flips over A2.

just a guess

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It just feels like this guy has no idea what he's doing. If he was a maniac, he would have put bets and raises in before the turn. I think he tried to limp in. Then when it got raised and reraised he wouldn't abandon the bet he put in the pot. Its seems like he is really passive. Then when that 2 hit, his bet was so out of nowhere that he must have made a strong hand. If he had any sense he would have check raised here.

It probably is a bad idea for me to put so much faith in my read, but I'm fairly confident that that's what happened. People just don't bet out of nowhere like that. People usually don't bet like this unless they can beat top pair.

Anyway, when trying to make reads like this, it is silly to put too much faith in them. Ultimately, people could have anything. Thats why I call down.

I feel a little more comfortable with the river. The flush is unlikely, so I think the J improves your hand, but, you still don't want to raise. SB is mostlikely going to call, if you raise, you are going to force him out of the pot. If MP2 reraises, then it means your beat. So by raising on the river, you don't gain anything. By calling, you risk one bet to win two. By raising, you risk 2 bets to win 2 bets, or even worse, if you are reraised, you risk 3 bets to win 3.