Thread: doh! here we go
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: doh! here we go

in the absence of a read i would think about the hand like this:

flop: call raise (classic if behind minimize loss, if ahead let him keep bluffing. overcards are a concern, but not enough to offset IMO.)

turn: raise intending to take free showdown (if turn had been undercard to your 8, i really like this. i think i still like it with a turn T, but calling might be OK. if you could reliably fold to a turn 3bet, then i think you raise regardless of the turn card.)

river: unless underpairs to a ten just got counterfeited.

i think river is pretty complicated here. really depends on his inclination to play any two suited. i think you need him to be fairly likely to be on crap suited (K6 to J6 basically) and willing to fold it. that combo may not be too likely.

what about PPs? you might knock him off 99, but that's about the only one you could fold out that you want to fold out.

man, i thought the river check was bad at first glance, but i'm not so sure now...

i would also add that you could easily get check-raised here by Ax when the kicker no longer matters, so you need a plan for that. minor point overall, though...