Thread: On a downswing
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Results and thoughts

I will try to go through these hands street by street and feel free to comment on my thinking.

Hand 1:

He had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and HHIG. Preflop in this hand is standard. Flop bet I think is standard as well, there's just to big a chance my hand is best at the moment. Turn is perhaps a bit debatable, though. I figured that he could be on two overcards, a flush draw or possibly a made hand at the moment (such as a pair+straight draw, made straight, overpair, etc), and that there was just to big a chance that my hand was still best. Perhaps this was foolish. On the river I figured that even though he is kind of passive, he will try to bluff this one 1 in 7 times for it to be profitable.

Hand 2:

He had Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and MHIG. On the flop I figured there was a big chance my hand was best and I would have bet this even without the gutshot. On the turn I hit my straight and bet it. And even though the flush comes on the river, he will call me with worse hands more than 50% of the time to make a river bet profitable. I would also probably call a raise on the river, good?

Hand 3:

He had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHIG. Preflop is standard in this hand. Flop is perhaps debatable. I figured that he was just too likely to bet into me again on the turn, since he was pretty aggressive, if I raised the flop. Perhaps this was weak thinking on my part. The turn is debatable as well, and the more I think about it, the less I like it. I can't think of many better hands that he will fold to this raise. River, though, I think is a clear value bet.

Thanks for the responses!

Kludde