View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: A question about staking...

Forgive me if your friend reads this...but you are getting a sweet deal. I have never been staked but I haven't heard of anyone with a deal that good.

Like someone said, staking is for friends. Other than that, it's not usually going to be a very good idea. And when I'm staking a friend, I'm not out to profit at their expense, I'm looking to help them out and be a good friend. Most of the percentages I'm reading about in here are just ridiculous for the player. They're the ones putting in the hours and doing all the actual labor; I'm just supplying them. The staking deals I give out to "friends" are pretty close to identical to what Evan's getting. In fact, it's just about exactly the same as a stake with a respected 2+2'er that we just ended that I'm pretty sure I know who his staker is. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But the point is, if I'm staking a friend, I'm about being a friend first and a "businessman" last. That last stake with Evan's exact plan earned me a 115% RoI in 2 months. Sure it could've been a hell of a lot more if I wanted to take a big amount of the guy's earnings, but why would I? It makes it harder on the player and gives them a higher chance of not succeeding. My goal in staking friends is to help them out, not make it harder on them to put a couple extra bucks in my pocket.

Be a friend.

GoT