View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: The 2+2 Hedge Fund

Dan,

I don't know what David's relationship is with Jeff Yass, but here is what I do know. I work on the floor with many susquehanna traders, and I'm pretty familiar with their training methods. Most of their early months as trainees at SIG include many many hours at the poker table (I think they mostly play 7-stud, but they also play some NLH). I also know that susquehanna runs several big NLH tourneys a year with the winner getting a paid trip to the WSOP main event. (the average susquehanna trader is a hell of a poker player) I also know that Sklansky's books are more or less required reading for trader trainees, and I've heard that Jeff Yass is evidently a world class poker player (as well as wealthy beyond all of our wildest dreams). I was the one who'd heard that David had been offered a job by Yass. I work on the Philly floor (Susq is headquartered out in Bala Cynwyd, outside of Philly), and I'd heard it from a couple of guys on the floor that I play poker with and generally socialize with. So that's what I know. I think its not only credible, but very likely that Susquehanna is trying to hire Sklansky, considering the way that they train their traders. Much of options floor trading (in other words market making) has something in common with poker. (i.e. partial information game theory, memory, etc.)

Eric