View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 07:56 PM

Default 2 bets to me on the turn with a set of jacks, and I\'m confused.

Both players had only been at the table for an orbit and had not stood out in any significant way.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero...

The limp-reraise threw me, obviously. Worse yet, I'm murdered on the turn to either AA or QQ, and behind KT. On the other hand, if none of those hands are out, then I've got a lock on the hand. The limp-reraise combined with the turn action just made me feel totally lost, to the point where I actively considered all three options (raising, calling, and folding).

Does anyone NOT cap preflop?