View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Stepping in it w/ Axs

Calling preflop UTG with this type of hand and with that many aggressive players at the table is a mistake. This hand is only playable from early position at a table where raises are rareHowever, once you call, you are probably roped in for the rest.

Betting out at the flop isn't bad, but I would be very suspicious of any callers and fold to a raise. I could also check fold the flop, since I really want a flush draw with this hand and figure to be dominated by someone. I am really only worried about the BB and MP1, and I am suspicious of MP1's 3 bet (suspicious that it was out of irritation at being raised or something). I can't think of any hand that makes sense to limp reraise with callers and limpers. Maybe big suited cards, but I would want callers and wouldn't want to put them to 2 more bets.

I would also like to spoil MP1's probable slowplay by check calling the river to save a bet. MP1's preflop play is weird but I figure him for an AK that he was slowplaying or KK and hit his miracle 2 outer.

I probably turn off auto muck and show this hand for table image (even though it is usually worthless at Micro I still do it a little). It is just one more bet and you let them know you can't be bluffed (at least that is what you want them to think).