View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: The 2+2 Hedge Fund

OK, this thread has gotten **really** interesting. Jeff Yass is making offers to David Sklansky?

For those who do not know of Jeff Yass, he is one of the most famous quantitative market traders in the world. As in, world-historical. His firm trades for it's own account and has over 500 employees, hundreds of whom are full-time traders.

You gotta love it! Here's a link:
Jeff Yass Backgrounder

David, might you consider sharing with us your relationship (if any) with quantitative analysis of securities and markets?

It seems obvious now that you have had huge opportunities in markets and finance at several points along your career path, and explicitly decided against these, choosing poker/publishing instead.

Can you volunteer just a little more background on these decisions? I can't be the only curious fan. Maybe you are simply not a morning-person and prefer to sleep in? Etc.

As a postscript, I find it very interesting that several guys who claim to be heavily involved in trading markets have chosen to semi-attack Sklansky on this thread.

I say semi-attack because they do so anonymously, behind an alias, and therefore without accountability.

It appears David completely welcomes (and may in fact deliberately encourage) such hazing.