View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: I hate hands like this. AQo misses the board vs. turn raise

Does anyone consider calling down on the river? Obviously, you're likely badly behind, but I'm always suspicious when there's a turn raise on a blank that does nothing but put a four-flush on board.

I don't think a call is right here, but largely because the poster could have a wide range of hands and might easily have a weak king, 2 pair or a set or be semibluffing with Kcxc or even 8cxc. You're not good here 10% of the time imho.

But there are similar boards where you might be good 10% of the time. And if your hand is good enough to see the river card b/c of extra outs (e.g. gutshot) and can beat a total bluff (A high), how often do you consider showing down the river? I would strongly consider it if CO had limped in instead of posting (where his only likely made hands are KJ, 88 or 22 or possibly a single K). Without a read, this is probably more marginal. If I have seen a lot of aggression so far, I usually will make the final crying call, expecting to look real stupid at least 50% of the time, but also of winning a little more than 10% of the time.

Anyone else think like this? Or is this probably a small leak of mine?