Thread: NBA 1/21
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 07:13 PM

Default NBA 1/21

YTD (posted) 13-7.

Sorry not much time for extended explanations.

1. Washington -3 (Toronto):

Washington is being undervalued because of the loss of Larry Hughes and the blowouts in Texas. But don't overlook (1) Juan Dixon is not a bad substitute and (2) Washington played a great 2nd half against Dallas, narrowing a 37 point game to 11 and actually putting a scare into Dallas. I think Washington is still a pretty good bet at home against mediocre opponents like Toronto. This spread should be 7.

2. Nets pk (Boston):

I take the home team with the solid defense over the road team with the crappy defense. The Nets have not folded without R. Jefferson and Boston still does not impress.

3. Chicago -8 1/2 (Atlanta):

Atlanta stinks.

4. Phoenix +2 (San Antonio):

Phoenix with Nash back at home? Give me the points every time.

5. Golden State + 3 1/2 (at Lakers)

GS is a different team with Jason Richardson. They had a real nice run against some pretty good teams before he got hurt. When he came back, he posted 42. Meanwhile I'm not sold in the Lakers without Kobe, even though they are 3-1 and beat Minnesota last time out. GS seems to match up well with the Lakers' small lineup and should not be hurt by having C. Robinson/Foyle at center, unless Chris Mihm has a big game, but he doesn't play late as the Lakers go small. I think GS might win this one outright.