View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: 20-40 AJs monster draw.

I just realized who you are talking about. He's not folding any K or T, ever (OK mayby a T if the flush gets there), and he's paying off your bets and raises if he has a K and you hit the nuts or the A. He also isn't super aggressive without big hands and, as you say, not very tricky, so he probably isn't trying to set you up for a turn raise (although it is possible, just very unlikely imo). That being said I probably bet out any turn because (1) the money is going in the pot anyway, (2) it will put some doubt in their mind if the flush comes so (a) you will definately get paid off if you hit that draw and (b) you might get really lucky and one of the other two might hit a flush as well allowing you to get multiple bets in on an expensive street.

If there is any significant chance that your opponent is laying in wait to pop the turn, I agree with the other posters that advocate check-calling the turn. I just don't think you have much reason to fear this guy.

I wanted to change the post to say that I would bet out any turn other than a K or J. Le-Le-Le man doesn't wear panties.