View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Most anticipated video games of 2005

The batteries were a pain in the as in the Game Gear. I remember the thing being just huge, at least when I was a small kid (I was in 6th grade when I saved up for [censored] ever to buy it - and then my sister got one for Christmas a month or two later). Then you could buy an external battery pack that plugged into it. The battery pack was damn near bigger than the Game Gear itself was. Still though, the system was great - I don't know how many hours I spent playing Mortal Kombat and Rad Racer.

The real key to a dominating system is the games. Sony and Microsoft understand this and are very agressive in getting their exclusive games and it's exactly how the PlayStation has gotten to be what it is. It's exactly why Sega failed and why I see Nintendo going down the drain now that they're going to have real competition in their now core area of handhelds, although I think they'll always have the young kid niche. I wish Nintendo would buck up and compete for more GTA, GT, Mercenaries type games. I'm pissed they don't have the latest Star Wars game - what the [censored] is that? Nintendo usually got all the Star Wars games.