View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: He called me retarded (n/m)

I'm new to on-line and have learned the obvious--game selection is everything. It seems to me that entering a table w/ lots of chat is +ev. By turning it off I lose lots of info. Is someones aggression likely a personal problem, or due to their cards? Should I bluff the river against the unluckyest person in the world? Do they seem to know what the f%$#% they're talking about and I should maybe find a better game?

Usually whe they call me a retard, they are obviously out of line. It does not bother me. When they aren't (strategically speaking) I love it: I enjoy their chips, play better and encourage them to play worse by simply existing at their table. Who doesn't play more mediocre cards against a perceived fish? The truth doesn't seem to hurt so much when there are so many hands to play (as there are on-line). It is informative though and I'm glad to have it.

Furthermore, it seems to me that tables w/ chat are harder for the losers to leave. They seem to stay longer and rebuy more--it's more personal (friends or foes).

Maybe I will find many better indicators, but almost all GREAT tables I've played at have chat.

One thing that I've observed to be true and perhaps axiomatic with regards to nasty chatters:

It takes one to think you know one.

PT