Thread: Limp Experiment
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Limp Experiment

Hey. It was you at the table. I like your idea of loosening up. I've been playing very tight for those tables (I usually see a flop 20% and that includes the blinds). Though I've done very well in the long run playing that way, I've been itching to experiment.

I've considered trying to play the bully more. (which is tough since its hard to bluff people who will call an all-in bet with middle pair.) I've seen so many maniacs do well in the short run but then lose it when they do it too many times. (those are my favorite people to play against... so why try it, I should ask myself.)

I definitely think that there's room to loosen up at these levels where you can go 4-5 hands without seeing anyone raise (or when they do, they raise it a dime.) Considering you can get people to call your (obvious) straight with top pair, its worth it.

My only fear about the plan is you have to hit. We've all seen sessions where you sit at a table for an hour and never connect with any flop. If you're playing a lot of hands, that'll add up.

Certainly players like Gus Hanson do very well playing junk hands effectively. I am certainly no Gus Hanson but I how would one become one if they don't try it, right?

Anyhoo... I'll see you at the tables.