View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Too aggressive from BB?

[ QUOTE ]
I figured with the backdoor straight draw and flush draw I could eliminate some other drawing hands. Not sure if that was the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very flawed...

First of all, there are 4 opponents on the flop. Why in the world do you want to force 3 opponents to call 2 cold on the flop. You are drawing..... Let me repeat that.... YOU ARE DRAWING. This is important... Let's not overlook this.

Next... there was on pfr... so why are you checking this in the first place. You have 9 outs for the flush, you have just less than 1 out for the backdoor straight draw. With 2 cards to come and roughly 10 outs, you will be good 62% of the time here (barring someone drawing to a higher flush or straight. More than likely, you are 50% or higher to win this hand... you only need one opponent in the pot to make capping correct, and yes... you want to see this flop capped.

Since nobody raised pf, you must bet this flop. It is just a tragedy not to bet here.

If somebody did raise pf... figure out the best way (by either bet/raising, bet/calling, check/calling, check/raising) to get the most # of bets into the pot on this flop. C/R to eliminate players is just a good way to throw away money.