View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: I was accused of cheating last night

One time, I was in the BB with J-4o. The pot was huge before the flop (8 limpers or so). I paired the jack, so I bet out. Lots of callers, button raised. I called and everyone else stayed in. Turn doesn't help me, but again, this pot is huge. An ace is on the board now, and I know I'm in trouble, but I figure a two pair or trip jacks could win the pot. I was getting more than 10-1 to stay in, so I called to see the river. Wouldn't you know it? A 4 comes on the river giving me two pair. I check-raise the flop raiser and take down a HUGE pot. He shows his pocket Kings which he decided to slow-play pre-flop. OOPS. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

He goes on a tirade calling me a bot first. I chatted back at him. So then he calls me a fish for playing that B.S. hand to the river. I kindly explained to him the pot odds in relation to my odds of having the best hand. Then, he said I worked for PP because I KNEW that 4 was coming on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Some people just can't stand losing with those high pocket pairs...oh well...being called a cheater was actually quite flattering. Yeah, I got lucky, but I was able to justify trying my luck at least!