View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 09:43 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.
Default Re: Two AQ hands for review

Unless this game is uber-tight, I don't like your overaggression with AQ out of position, but let's get a little interesting than robotic "bet X with YY in Z position" mumbo-jumbo.

I like your flop play in the first hand. He played you pretty well and the only hand you can expect a call from preflop that you could beat was QQ.

v. QQ= 15 outs
v. KK, JJ, TT, and AA= 12 outs
v. KK w/Kh= 11 outs

In actuality, you wanted him to have KK if he was gonna call. The only hands that you can expect to get an $8 call from preflop that even a loose player would fold here would be 77-22 and AT. AJ is probably the best of the bad that you'll get. Maybe an AK.

My point is that you have a great draw. This is ring. You both made good bets/calls besides his weak preflop action.

What I don't like is your:
[ QUOTE ]
If I'd a been [holding KK] in his position, I'd a thought I was up against AA after the all-in and probably laid it down... played very few hands and shown good cards when he gets to a showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving your opponents a lot of credit minus your evidence. Just because you are playing doesn't mean that people are going to respect your bets. Now, if you've effectively bullied them using a selective aggression, then you have evidence to believe that you can pick an every spot or two to fire some bullets.

Table image is only an image if your opponents see it, not if you see it.