Thread: Tilt Night
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Tilt Night

"You've got some good thinking going there, go with your instincts. Don't start thinking about all the stuff you've read, the hands you've seen; your instincts, that is your knowledge talking to you."

What's worse then having your instincts being spot on and ignoring them? lol I tell you, it's weird being in tilt. I don't know that I've tilted through most of a session before last night.

Sometimes when you're watching a hand go down that you're not playing in, you can tell what everyone has and what they're betting on. I'm talking to the screen saying, "oh geez, BLANK, what are you calling with top pair for? His bet screams trips." At the end, you're right and you feel vindicated. Well, last night, I was doing that to myself. "Fold, you idiot. Clearly he knows you have an overpair and he's raising you anyways. What are you doing calling with that crap?!?!" or "that guy never pauses on the flop then checks. He's slowplaying. Hmmmm, he's slowplaying a monster, I think I'll bet on my weak pocket underpair?!?"

The good news for me is that at least I recognize it. If I can listen to myself again, I think I'll do alright.

Later.