View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Is \"implied limping\" a valid concept.

Sure, I wasnt putting much weight on my own ramblings.... Saying it was an excuse to play more cards was more of a joke than anything, and I'm happy with my play in that respect. The post wasnt really about that.

Table texture is obviously more important.

I also forgot to mention the post wasn't about how to play this-or-that hand in this-or-that position. It was the first example that came into my mind, and not neccessarily how I would advise playing it.

I Was just interested in this "cascade effect", and how it may relate to table texture. E.g. limping will encourage limping in that hand, AND also in later hands. You know when you go through periods in the same table where you have a few orbits are tight, then a few orbits are loose. Chiefly this is due to the cards being dealt, but I am sure part of it is also pyschological. If everybody at the table is evaluating "how many are to the flop?" with many hands, then the psychology of table texture must be of some relevance and linked to "implied limping"

This isnt something that I had seen mentioned before, and I think to some (small and arguable) extent it does happen.