View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: AK vs a reraise (early tournament)

Bet on the flop.

That might cause you to lose more money in this hand, but the way you played this you had almost no chance at winning.

Ten minutes into the tournement, you had probably only seen an orbit or so. I don't see how anyone can read anything into him only playing 2 hands or so. All you can say is that he isn't extremely loose.

You also don't describe your own play to this point. Had you already raised a couple of pots? It doesn't seem like that's your style from the description of your play here, but you never know. If he thought YOU were loose, he could be making this play with a much wider range of hands.

Putting myself in his shoes, without having any read on you, after your check on the flop I wouldn't think you had a king - certainly not AK. I'd put you on an AQ, AJ, or middle pair. When you called the 260, I would gravitate toward middle pair.

Yet another check on the turn would really indicate weakness to me. I can see an aggressive player making these bets with many more hands than AA, KK or AK, especially at a $10 dollar tourney.