View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Standard \'Please Hear Me Out & Help Me\' Post. Please.

If the pot is short-handed, I will basically always be the pre-flop raiser. In a situation vs 1 other, I will showdown an unimproved AK, AQ, AJ approximately 50% of the time. Is that too high? Again, if the pot is multiway, I will rarely showdown an unimproved AK/AQ/AJ. Never if its more than 3-way.

This play happens a lot. You get AJ/AQ in middle or late position, you raise and only the BB calls. The board comes rags. The question is what to do?

This could very well be a leak for me. When the flop or turn comes with an A K or Q, the opponent will generally fold so I win a small pot. If my opponent pairs and there is no A K Q on board, my opponent will call me down and I will lose a few extra big bets. I have thought a lot about this problem recently. I do raise unopened pots from late position with KJ/QJ and 88+ and KTs/K9s QTs JTs T9s 98s and a select few randomly pre-chosen bluff hands so I can some pots that come 9 or T high.

Net net, I find myself going long stretches without winning a big pot. I am sure everyone has this common problem but I am in a rough downswing so it feels like I am entering pots well, I am getting out of multiway pots if I don't hit the flop but I am either losing big pots when I do hit the flop (outdrawn) or losing medium size pots when I miss the flop.

in 2/4, opponents just give their money away. at 3/6, the play is tough. I am very disappointed that after a year I am having trouble beating 3/6. I wanted to get to the 5/10 game by now...