View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: LP cold call AXs vs. LAG = 29.50 BB

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if I'd call the flop raise THAT bad. our ace is good x percent of the time. I would like to increase x. I may get a free card. maybe they all coldcall, and I get equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly favor just calling because LAG isn't crazy LAG. 12% PFR can be a lot of things, but it's not as if he's raising every hand. I don't know how much I really believe that an ace high is good here, and I seriously doubt it's nearly often enough to offset the money you lose by not having lots of contributions from other players. Even if he raised some other Ax, odds are he has you beat! You're most likely chasing and need to hit an out to improve. Also, you open yourself up to an expensive 3-bet and turn bet with a hand which very likely needs to improve (1-x of the time, in fact).

Cleaning up outs? Maybe... But I'm against this because you're only clearing up your ace outs (meaning a 2-outer if you actually do clean it up). With two overs, cleaning up your pair outs is more meaningful. With two overs and the condition that hitting your pair will likely bring an added draw, cleaning up outs is very important.