Thread: PLO/8 hand
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: PLO/8 hand

Okay - I'll give it ago. You might get better feedback in the PLO section, it's both for hi and hi/lo.

Preflop - your limp from EP is okay, but I think I am throwing away to a raise. You have no low, and a pair of kings. Your flush draw is good, but in O/8 will get you in trouble, as hands like a3sxx - that are a throw away in high only are very playable in hi/lo.

About the only thing you can hope for on this flop is a King with no low and no made straight or flush.

The Flop - You got it. You got the King, you got the set, there is a straight draw AND a flush draw. On the good news there is no good low draw, it would have to come runner runner.

Flat calling would be wrong. The min raise was wrong. At this point you have the best hand - but other than a full house, no re-draws.

You obviously can't get the all in player to fold, but at this time I would try and isolate him. A guy opening with a pot sized bet isn't going to fold to a min-raise here.

You should have re-raised all in on that flop. Isolate the other all in player, I'd rather play top set with no re-draws vs. one player than vs. 2.