View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: i do this crap all the time... TT BB

It's not bad play. But I wouldn't have called the river. I know that it's tempting to find out if he's bluffing or not, but you say yourself that you know that you're beat. I say that it's an easy fold. Not every time though as you don't want to be too predictable but certainly most of the time. I think that the ability to lay down a hand you know is a loser is the difference between being a winner and breakeven/lose.

Also, if you catch a set on the flop you're either going to win big or lose big. If you don't, you haven't played it well.

I also play 0.5/1 (at Prima) after recently switching from the 0.25/0.5 tables. I think the 0.5/1 are in fact easier to beat. There are less morons who will help eachother make less bad plays. I think it's called schooling, when many bad players make the pots so big that seeing the flop with any suited cards will be a less bad play compared to playing a solid and tight table.

Anyway, after maybe 10 hours of play (600 hands?) I'm now up almost 90BB (well, $90). I had one losing session where I lost $40 but apart from that it's all been positive.