View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: I can\'t stand the bad runs

[ QUOTE ]
I think of tilt as a person playing recklessly and throwing away his money after s/he takes some beats, I don't throw my money away or play recklessly, sometimes I may decide to but I of course go down to a puny stakes table. To be honest with you guys, you're kind of creeping me out with all this, "You're going to screw up your life!", and "You are on the edge, you're on tilt, you're going to lose all your money". Maybe that's how psychologists make their money, try to brainwash their patients into thinking there is something seriously wrong with them when it's not that serious at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone around here has given you valuable information, and it is up to you to choose to accept it. We can't accept it for you nor would I personally even try.

Those times that you choose to throw money away at "puny stakes" tables is the correct definition of tilt. Because you don't take responsibility for it is the correct definition of denial. It is interesting that you have chosen to blame psychologists and those of us brainwashed souls for listening to those giving valuable advice. It's another way to avoid taking responsibility. It's your choice to stop doing that. Chances are that you are unhappy with one aspect of your life, and you may have won some at poker to temporarily fill that void. Well, now you are are losing...poker has not replaced unhappiness. That may be addiction.

The clinical definition for insanity is to continue to do the same thing over and over with the same results. Not saying that you are crazy in all aspects of your life, but at your current poker life - definitely. I read this thread with too much interest because you haven't listened to anything these fine people have said but by your very first post, you asked for help. You got it - it's up to you use it. Or if you choose not to, and continue to ignore everyone, well...how has that worked out for you so far?

PB