View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Is SSH becoming obsolete?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are in a game where routinely 4 players are seeing the flop, that is loose enough. There are going to be some big pots.

The books says to adjust your play based on the size of the pot. How can that be obsolete?

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps i should have clarified...a lot of the games i have been seeing as of late consist of either one or two limpers and the blinds (which makes 4 small bets) or 1 raise with one caller (making 4-6 small bets depending if callers are in the blind or not). As early as late october i can remember going into party and UB 2/4 and seeing 3 to 4 people calling raises making 3-4 way pots with 10-12 small bets preflop. In my opinion, games are tightening up currently as a result of people learning how to play the game. Now is it impossible to encounter an extremely loose game currently? My answer would be no. I'm just saying that it is not as common as it was a few months ago. My question is that in order to stay ahead of the possible trend of games tightening up, do i need to adjust my strategy???

Johnny